Thursday, February 23, 2017

1st wedding quilt log cabin block

These blocks started out very slow but have rearranged my strip piles to chain piece and it is going a little quicker and have used up most of the cut strips I had.  I'm going to use up the longer ones by cutting them to the needed length.  I'm not using the long ones, decided I didn't like the 12.5" block, just too busy so my blocks will be 9.5" instead.  Need more of them but they don't look quite so busy. IMHO  I know when I start to assemble them into a top I'll wish I had made bigger blocks.  Some of my center blocks ended up on opposite sides, hope that doesn't stand out too much because I'm not going to redo them.  I want to do the rows and furoughs layout so that design element shouldn't stand out.  All in all I think it's going to be lovely quilt in the blues and yellows.

No comments:

Post a Comment