Monday, August 22, 2011

Busy day

Had a really busy day working with all 3 grand kids on their summer projects.  William started sewing his 4 patches into rows and boy was he impressed.  LOL  Emily worked on her lasagna quilt borders, made a cookie/fresh fruit pizza and also learned how to make homemade sloppy Joe's.  They love my recipe, I think all they've ever had at home is from the can.  Tomorrow Emily wants to learn how to make my creamed chicken casserole.  I don't have a recipe, I just make it and add a little bit of this and a little bit of that.  Whatever I have handy.  LOL  So tomorrow we do a recipe.  She is such a big help, she got my web cam hooked up today and got me on Skype, now to learn how to use it.  Katie got a pair of Capri pj bottoms cut out and ready to sew tomorrow.  Instead of an elastic waist we are going to put a draw string in a casing around her skinny waist.  She is pencil thin and a fast runner.  

They ran in a cross country race during Elburn days, William came in first for his age group, Katie came in first in her age group and Emily came in second.  Their dad finished.  LOL  Well he did help pace the kids.  They run a race almost every weekend, Emily is going to run a 1/2 marathon at the Dells in Oct.  I think grandpa and I will try to go to that one. 

That's been my day today and my little sewers will be bright and early tomorrow morning to see what we can finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment