Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunny Sunday

What a glorious day, Sunny, cool a little humid but lovely day to sew, but then what day isn't a good day to sew.  I have almost finished sewing down the binding on Katie's quilt, should finish it today.  I did find a seam that didn't get sewn down before it was quilted so have to do some damage control before I can call it done.  This being one eyed causes some unexpected challenges but nothing I can't fix.  Then I just need to do the label so 100 yrs. from now all will know who made it, who it was for and when it was made. 

I have decided that we aren't going to sash Williams 4 patches, just sew them together randomly and put a border on to frame the sqs.  I think he'll like it that way, I designed an example in EQ quilt design program for him to see what the finished quilt will look like. 

Robin and Mike called last night, they were at the Lions Park with Kate and William and wanted us to come in too.  It's the "end of summer Elburn days", parade, animals on display, rides, food and fun.  They have this every year the week before school starts.  We went in and played bingo, I haven't played bingo in over 30 yrs., had fun.  Robin won, the rest of us donated.  It was fun, they are going to have bingo games every Fri. night at the park starting in Sept., Robin wants to go and take me with.   It will be fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment