Friday, August 12, 2011

Good day

Yesterday was a really good day, spent it with the grand kids.  Went to Barnes and Nobel in the morning, got some books and magazines, had smoothies (coffee for me) and some treats then on to 5 below for some cheap treats then to Honey Jam for lunch.  Really good lunch, had the best fresh strawberry Crepes I've ever had.  Will go back there again and again I'm sure.  We all liked it.  Came home and went through my stash to find borders for Emily's quilt, we finally found something we both liked.  Then I got out the juicer machine I haven't used in years and we made apple juice from some apples I had.  Boy did the kids like that stuff, I hope they don't get tummy aches from too much of it.  Then we juiced up some carrots and tomatoes I had and made a big batch of spaghetti sauce, with gr. beef and cooked up thin spaghetti pasta.  Sent a big casserole of it home with the kids for their dinner after running.  Cleaned up the kitchen, dropped the casserole off and took the kids to running practice.  Home for dinner and to collapse.

Today Emily is coming over and we are going to dig into this sewing room and get things reorganized.  Wish us luck.  Going to take a lot of my old quilting magazines downstairs and empty off some shelves.  Will stack fabric on the empty shelves and get rid of some of the big roller bins to give us more room to move around.  Have to do this because George won't knock the wall out to the living room or the guest bedroom for my sewing room.  The bins are a nice storage but takes a while to dig through them to find a fabric I'm looking for.  Sow we'll see if it works better with them stacked by color on shelves.  Always enjoy these little challenges in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment