Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cold, windy Thursday

Went to lunch bunch yesterday and had a good day visiting with friends and other quilters.  A good day, I worked on my red work chickens, finished one block and on to another. 

Today no sewing, I washed windows on the inside only, and washed and ironed curtains.  Smells nice and fresh in the bedroom tonight.  I didn't get the bathrooms done, saved that for tomorrow.  My back started to act up so I knew it was time to stop.  I also wore the boot on my foot, I knew I was going to be going up and down the basement stairs so decided I'd best have the added support.  Foot feels fine tonight but the back's not so good.  Rest it tonight and it'll feel good tomorrow.

Mike and William stopped by so they each had a bowl of chili, George and I were finished so they got the leftovers.  William showed me the book he's reading, "Stories of Mark Twain" and he said he hasn't been able to put it down since he started it last weekend, even reads it on the school bus. 

The oak tree way in the backyard is turning a pretty gold the rest of the trees haven't started turning yet.  Probably ;next week.  High winds tonight, we are showing 60 mph and gusts even higher.  It's stripping a lot of the leaves off the trees. 

That's all for the last couple of days, off to work on some more red work chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment