Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursday's happenings

Worked in the sewing room, got my last years applique block of the month out and started getting it organized to work on again.  I'm going to quit fretting over it and just do it.  However it turns out it will be done.  I have all the fabric just wasn't happy with my applique work on the first block and didn't start another one.  It is what it is and I'm going to finish them this winter. 

I'm going to the Bernina shop tomorrow and sign up for a couple of classes, one to learn how to download embroidery patterns to my laptop and then either burn a CD or use a stick thingy.  So far I haven't had any luck with either method.  I also want to learn to use my digitizing software so I can make my own designs to use on the machine.  Old dog, new tricks time.

Just got a call, need to pick Emmie up at the high school, Katie up at Johnson's Mound preserve and take them both to the Geneva Middle School for a race.  Will need to load up a bag of energy snacks, apples and oranges and a couple of bottles of water. 

Tonight George and I went out for supper, really good chicken soup  and fruit salad.  Yup it's gotten so cool chicken soup actually tasted good.  When I'm done hauling kids tomorrow afternoon I may do a Portillo's run for a couple of Italian beef sandwiches for supper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment